Every day one will find some or the other research slamming the consumption of coffee, pointing out how bad coffee is for the human health and why humans should not consume coffee. It will also point out to the fact about how good other drinks are to coffee and why they should be consumed over coffee. However, these researches somehow feel staged, which are done just to prove a point, opposing the mass acceptance to how good coffee is. These researches are somehow public gimmicks with little evidence. True, excess consumption of coffee is bad, but so is true for most of the fruits and vegetables.
Several researches have been done on coffee on trying to find out a link between coffee and health benefits, and almost all have shown a positive result. In fact, research claims, drinking three to five cups of coffee a day helps one keep diseases at bay, making one live longer and healthier. The following are the reasons why one should never be sorry for drinking coffee every day.
1) Coffee is a healthier and a less expensive addiction:
If one wants to get addicted to something, it better be coffee, because it is a hell lot healthier than those packs of cigarettes or alcohol. Studies have time and again; pointed out at this fact that coffee makes one quite productive, as the caffeine tends to have a positive effect on the brain. Also, coffee costs a lot less than a pack of cigarettes.
2) It is good for the brain:
Coffee has been found to make people smarter and more productive even if the effect is not long lasting. This happens due to a chemical called as dopamine, which stimulates the gray matter in the brain, making one smarter and sharper for up to an hour. Coffee also increases the alertness in people, making them more aware about the environment and much more responsive.
3) Coffee impacts the health in a positive way:
Coffee helps the body in following ways:
- Antioxidants: Coffee contains certain antioxidants, which helps purify the body, making one feel fresh and healthy.
- Good for the liver: Coffee is extremely good for the liver, and this is especially true for those who drink a lot of alcohol.
- Stress-buster: The smell of coffee tends to relieve people of stress and tension.
- Reduces the risk of cancer: Coffee helps reduce the risk of skin as well as prostate cancer
- Reduces the chances of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease: Coffee is known to reduce the risks of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease in a human being by almost 60 %.
- Reduction in the risk of diabetes: Coffee helps reduce the chances of diabetes by almost 23% to 67%
4) Coffee is a low cost Beverage:
Coffee costs less than any other beverage, thus qualifying itself in a low cost category. The thing is, even soda costs more than a cup of coffee.
5) Coffee Is a Low-Calorie Drink:
Coffee is a low calorie drink, and one can consume it without worrying about putting on too many calories, provided, black coffee is preferred.
These are the reasons, why, one should never be sorry for drinking coffee everyday. Just one word of caution for anyone, who wants to increase the amount of caffeine in their diet- switching from decaf to fully caffeinated, would have a much better effect on the body.
Everyday is a Coffee Day