Learn how to create a lovely, invigorating coffee and coconut oil body scrub, at home!
Full walkthrough of the process.
Who doesn’t love the aroma of fresh coffee in the morning? The lovely smell, the brilliant buzz, just lifts people up in the morning, and many swear by it to get themselves going. Coffee has been a traditional drink for people across the world. Be it hot, cold, or even bubbly; coffee has been loved by people.
However, what if I told you that there are other uses for coffee other than being a beverage. Who would believe me! But, yes, coffee has a different use in the cosmetic industry.
- Coffee helps diminish the appearance of cellulite in skin
- Coffee is a great anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant
- Coffee helps tighten the pores of the skin and tone the look
- Coffee is a great exfoliant
- Coffee helps reverse the damage of UV rays
There are several ways in which coffee can be put up on the skin to make it look radiant. One of the simplest ways is, using it as a scrub. And the best part is, this scrub is very easy to make and can be made right at home.
The ingredients required for scrub are:
- 1 cup Medium ground coffee – BUY HERE
- ½ cup coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar (needs to be fine)
- ⅓ cup sea salt (needs to be coarse)
- 4-6 drops of essential oil (any)
- The oil and coffee need to be combined and soaked overnight or they can be heated in a saucepan for a brief period on a medium flame, just to make sure that the aroma and the goodness of the coffee gets soaked in, into the oil.
- All the remaining ingredients need to be mixed before use
Procedure for application:
- The mixture needs to be massaged on a slightly dampened skin
- The scrub should to allowed dry on the skin for five to ten minutes before rinsing it off with plain water
This is one simple way of making a coffee scrub. This scrub not only makes the skin glow, but also moisturizes it, thanks to the coconut oil. Quite amazing how we have yet another reason to love coffee; for making us look good!