Everyone loves a cup of coffee every the morning to wake them up, to lift themselves, to get them going, to get that energy into their blood. The caffeine content in the coffee just perks up the mornings for people and makes them feel good. Coffee has been a traditional drink consumed by people across the world, and equally loved. Whenever one feels sleepy, the one thing they rush for is coffee. When one wants to socialize and meet someone, the one thing they consume is coffee. When one wants to enjoy their desserts, the one thing they crave for, is the fresh aroma of coffee. Coffee has multiple uses and is widely consumed.
However, not just consumption, but coffee has other uses as well and there is research to prove it. Coffee helps stimulate hair growth while adding shine and depth to it and in fact there are two easy ways of doing this.
Method 1: With the use of coffee rinse
- Brew strong coffee: Usually a cup of coffee takes around 2 tablespoons of coffee powder. To make it stronger, an additional 1-2 tablespoon of powder needs to be added to the boiling water. The more the coffee, the darker will be its color and darker will be the shade of the hair, when one soaks it with coffee, helping one, cover their grays.
- Shampoo the hair: Shampoo the hair using a normal shampoo and rinse well. If need be, you can also apply the conditioner. Dry your hair in such a way that it is not dripping wet. The idea is, it should not hold any excess water and the water should be completely squeezed out.
- Pouring Cold Coffee over the hair: Pour cold coffee over the hair, such that the roots are covered. For a thorough application, use a plastic bucket to catch the dripping coffee as you pour it on your hair. This coffee, collected in the bucket needs to be again poured back on the hair, such that the hair is colored twice. For a better control, you may transfer the coffee into a spray bottle and spray it onto the hair starting from the roots.
- Apply shower cap and wait: Put on a shower cap over the dyed hair and let it sit for 20-30 minutes, such that the hair soaks up the colour. The longer the duration for which the coffee is left behind, the darker will be the shade.
- Rinsing with water: Rinse the hair with lukewarm water and allow the hair to dry. Once dry, the hair will appear shinier and darker. Repeating this process will only help your hair gain more texture while minimizing the hair loss.
Method 2: With the use of coffee grounds
- Brew a pot of coffee: Brew a cup of coffee with around 8 tablespoons of coffee grounds.
- Filter out the coffee grounds: Filter out the coffee grounds using a cloth such that the liquid drains out and all you are left with is soaked grounds.
- Massage wet hair with coffee grounds: Massage wet hair with the collected coffee grounds while rubbing it onto the scalp and scrunching it till the tip of the hair. The rough scrap exfoliates the scalp, which stimulates the hair follicles and helps in the regrowth of the hair.
- Rinse your hair: Rinse your hair with water such that the entire coffee ground is washed off. Dry your hair with the help of a towel. Once completely dry, your hair will feel lighter, softer and shinier than ever before.
These are the two effective ways for fighting hair fall. With regular use of coffee on the hair, one can fight baldness and also cure it, as coffee, due to its high caffeine content, blocks the hair loss causing hormone allowing the hair to remain in its growth cycle for longer. Hair colour, or hair texture, coffee gives you enough reason to apply it on the hair!